- Little Brook is sent north along the Long Road by her sensei to fulfil her destiny to bring balance to the elements. She’s accompanied by Ursula and Kadan.
- The pilgrims discover the injured Hallaie’ek (crashed from the sky, netted) and camp for a few days to nurse him back to consciousness. When he comes to he raves about “hippogriffs” which doesn’t mean anything to the others. He’d been brought down by hippogriff-riding sport hunters and vows revenge…and accepting help seems the best way to do that, for now.
- Hallaie’ek can only limp, so Ursula carries him as the group resumes progess up the Long Road towards the town of Red Larch. They’re overtaken by a caravan of rope merchants who Brook charms with her bubbly personality. Hallaie’ek gets to ride on the cart with the supply of nets, hammocks, coils of ropes and so forth.
- The caravan arrives at Red Larch in the late afternoon, and the merchants set up camp in the common fields in preparation for tomorrow’s market day. The pilgrims rent a corner of the common room at The Swinging Sword, a local in. Brook and Kadan busk in the dining area in the evening and manage to cover the group’s accommodation costs.
- Kaylee the innkeeper is pleased to see adventurers because they keep down the monster problem. She points out a site near an oberlisk outside of town she’s sure is a source of trouble and offers a modest bounty to Brook to confirm and eliminate dire doings there.
- Ursula bluntly approaches an acolyte of Lathander named Eorden also staying in the common area and recruits him to accompany the expedition.
Team Furry versus the Princes of the Apocalypse
Rocks Fall, Everyone Dies